Tuesday, March 31, 2009

daunting task

Libby started to look pale on Saturday nite at Maylee's reception...I mean ring ceremony. Sunday morning she was complaining about her throat and how scratchy/sore it was. We medicined her up in hopes that she would feel better. She was slow on Sunday...not her bubbily self. So Monday morning, when she got up, she was almost in tears, about her throat. It was red on Sunday, but bright red yesterday morning. I made an appointment to see the dr, as soon as we could. Our pediatrician ordered a strept test and it was positive. Dang strept throat! Libby was placed on antibiotics and ordered to drink as much as she could. Daunting task for a gal with strept throat. Our Dr. said that Libby could return to school today, but alas, she is still pale and miserable. One more day @ home...

On another note, my baby brother, Ty, is an amazing potter. I think that I remember hearing that he has been invited to study pottery overseas. On the 18th and 19th of April, here in the Emerald City, @ the Coliseum, there is a pottery show. I went to school near Seagrove, and with a slew of potters' children who have themselves become potters. I love the look of pottery. So earthy and thrown with love. I took pottery in HS. I loved the way the clay felt between my fingers as I was turning it on the wheel. I was no way near as good as my brothers (2 more of my brothers have a wicked throwing hand BTW), but I had fun doing it. I tell Clyde that I'd love to have a wheel and a kiln one day. {{wink}}
Here are examples of my baby brother's work.



7 comments:

dede said...

Poor Libby. Hope you feel better soon.

I have to ask...what's with all the reception/ring ceremony quips?

Anonymous said...

"Maylee's reception...I mean ring ceremony." Is there more to this? I keep seeing this.

ashley said...

maylee didn't want to call it a reception...it was the after party for her ring ceremony for her wedding.

Auntie Jul said...

Thanks for sharing the "ring ceremony" photos :) I think the whole concept of the ring ceremony is absoulutely 100% Maylee! She is all about the nontraditional and I think that's great! They look wonderful in the photos---well, you all do, and my favorite is Penny with the mic! Priceless! Did she sing with Grandpa? Thanks for sharing! Love, Auntie Jul

Auntie Jul said...

Wow to the pottery brother! This is awesome!! Does he show in galleries? He's very talented! Auntie Jul

ashley said...

i just love maylee and her non traditional view. she is amazing! beautifully amazing.

my brother does sell his work and shows it @ his college. i'm unsure if he shows it anywhere else...besides his facebook page.

ashley said...

oh- penny would have sung with papa had her mic been on. she was totally putting on a show. singing and swaying her 3 year old hips. i wonder where she gets that from? :)