Wednesday, April 1, 2009

green @ the brown house

I am pleased to announce that Libby is feeling much better. The antibiotics did their job and she is doing much better...well enough to go to school today. I am so grateful for antibiotics and that Libby feels better!
It is spring and with spring comes our garden. We do not have a huge place to plant a big garden but we are going to use what we have. I am thinking that this little place in front of our house will work. I would plant in our back yard, but our crazy dog, Uno, would most likely destroy it.

On closer inspection of our garden spot, there are several plants that are already sprouting.

like our hostas...

my hallobourous rose...


greek oregano...
and soon to be the lettuces that I bought last night.

When I had my Mama's getaway last month, Clyde bought me a blueberry bush, a blackberry bush, and another rose bush. I am so looking forward to getting them in the ground. We had to wait until after the frost. I didn't want them to freeze and die. I am so excited to get in that dirt and plant my garden. Last night when I was walking in the garden section @ Walmart, I just had to take a moment to smell the dirt in bags. It so reminded me of working in the greenhouse when I was in HS. (That was one of my weekend/ summer jobs.) I transplanted plugs of pansies into their cells, along with other plants like the hostas, marigolds, spider grass, etc. It was so pretty to see the flats of pansies, as long as a greenhouse, ready to be sold or planted. All those colors just popped. I just love to watch the progress of the plants. What is amazing is that we'll be able to eat what we grow. way cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to plant me a hamburger tree.
-c.

Anonymous said...

I knew you wuz a dirty girl.