Friday, March 13, 2009

we don't feel cold

Erin had an appointment @ Duke Hospital yesterday afternoon. Clyde was able to leave work early, to take us. We checked the other Wardlings out of school early and headed to Durham. The appt. went well...long, but well.

Libby was cold in this photo and wanted to wait in the van. Silly Girl, we are @ Duke...we don't feel cold!
Pet peeve...
So, Erin, Penny, and I are waiting for the Dr. to come in and when she does she shakes our hands and then washes hers. Not only does that throw me back, thinking , wow I must have been germ ridden, she gives us the 'sissy handshake' to boot. You know what that is...just the mere fingertips or so. Are we in the 16th century or am I just too much of an Ellie Mae to think that when someone shakes my hand, I expect a good handshake. I'm not saying break my hand, with a a surge of brutal strength, but shake it. I loathe the sissy handshake.
On our way home, after a debate for dinner, we ended up at this pretty cool Mc Donalds. Most of us ate our dinner. (Jacob had a tummy ache that magically disappeared after a trip to the bathroom and running in the play area.) Josh was such a monkey. He spent the majority of his play time hanging like a chimpanzee from the bar @ the top of the play area. I believe that he is even giving us the "L" (loser) for not doing it ourselves. There was something for everyone...big pianos to play Beethoven on, things to climb, dangle, a very long slide to slide on or drums to sit on. It was fun to watch the Wardlings burn off the rest of their Thursday energy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how to shake your hand now Ashely

Kayc said...

I have to say, that's a pretty sweet Mc Donalds...I'm impressed. Oh and I have to agree about the handshake. For some reason that really bothers me. Grrrr.