Wednesday, March 4, 2009

cabin fever

With the snow, comes cabin fever. To ease my fidgety-ness I made this slipcover for our loveseat. Originally, Suzanne and I made some log cabin squares for a quilt. I never got around to sewing the pieces together, let alone quilting them. Since I already had the squares, I thought that this slipcover would be easier and more fun to make. I did cut my squares in 1/4 th's and the mix matched them up and resewed them. I think that it turned out well.

We had to get out of the house yesterday. I don't think that my living room could support another busy slipcover. We had seen in the Sunday ad's a few grocery items that we needed to get and then we headed over to Costco. We met up with our pals, the Jessups, and ate some yummy Costco pizza and furthered our grocery shopping. I was glad to note that we weren't the only cabin fevered family. We saw our plus one and her folks @ Costco too! Since we were close to AC Moore, I had to take a peak. I have wanted to see if I could knit some socks. Sock yarn is a bit pricey. (about $6 per skein) I was thrilled to see in the Mills End section, this whole bag of sock yarn. I used my 40% off coupon and bought this whole 1 lb. bag for around $4. Yippee for me! Wish me luck on the socks. (There is this cool knit 2 @ a time sock book, but it is still too pricey @ amazon.)
Just a closer view of our new slip cover.

No comments: