Saturday, March 14, 2009

all things yellow

Lately, we have noted all the things that are yellow in and around our house... the new yellow, red room (and living room for that matter).
my neighbor's new yellow daffodils...

Penny's new yellow flip flops...

And our new yellow VW Beetle, that we bought today.

This is one of my favorite parts about the car...a must for a VW Beetle.
This is us, driving it off of the car lot.
I have to get my drive out of it, before it is Clyde's official drive to work car. Clyde and I have been searching for months now for a new car. (Love Craigslist BTW) We debated on a Suburban, but thought that though the space would be nice, we'd be adding tons of miles to the van or doubling the money used for gas. We thought that a smaller, more gas efficient car would be the best bet for us. After looking at different types of small cars and doing some research, we were able to narrow it down to few cars...Volvo wagon, Subaru Outback, or the VW Beetle. Clyde spotted this beauty a few days ago. My requirement for the VW was the 5-speed. They just have more pep and they are more gas efficient, plus- way more fun to drive. We both did excellent for not having driven a stick shift in 4 years. Just like butter! Oh, I love this car! Clyde's requirement was the mileage for the price. Penny is in heaven, as are we, but yellow is her favorite color. All the Wardlings loved the Turbo engine. It was so fun to drive home today! The Wardlings were so very well behaved @ the car lot that we went to check the VW out. Thanks Wardlings!! We look forward to driving it more and more and MORE!! :) Good Job baby for finding us this rockin car!!

8 comments:

dede said...

LOVE the car.
It fits you guys perfectly.

Anonymous said...

If you go VW bug you have to go yellow or lime green. I like it and the wheels are tight. No hub caps. I know what I will be doing during planning on Mon.

Mary said...

It is sooooo you! Love it!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Get the Chevy gone before it quits...cars are like women, very jealous when you have another on the side.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. When you get this old, I'd just as well forget about them---just another day! Love your sunshine yellow Bug-Bug! Friends of ours bought a convertible one for their son, but when it got cold, he was too big to fit in it, so they got him a Jetta! True story! Your little family, well, part of your little crew should fit nicely inside! What a fun car! Love, Auntie Jul

Heidi said...

Congrats on the new ride! I enjoy driving stick too!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, bring that Mustang up to Guilford County. Im ready to race!!!

Anonymous said...

I almost bought one a few years ago but I would never say it on my blog. It does have plenty of zoom zoom