Tuesday, March 10, 2009

mom's getaway

This past weekend a good friend of mine, Michelle, and I were able to get away for a relaxing weekend. We left Friday night once our husbands were home from work. We had so much fun just being. Michelle has a friend who has a condo @ in Cherry Grove. He said that we could stay @ his place...for free!! How sweet! After sleeping in (7am for me...) we went out onto the beach Saturday morning. I even brought my knitting. We sat and watched people walk by & walked a bit on the beach. The weather was beautifully sunny, but a bit breezy. We didn't realize that we had been on the ocean so long until we were leaving. 3 hours! No sunscreen for me...

These pictures don't do the burn justice! I was burned. It still hurts 4 days later. I rarely burn too! The last big burn I had was on our honeymoon trip to Florida! Thankfully, this trip, I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans rolled up, or the burn would have been over more of me. My arms, neck, and face got the brunt of the sun... owie!!

Thanks Michelle and Clyde for a fabulous-o weekend getaway!

5 comments:

Mary said...

glad you had a great get away you deserve it!!!

Anonymous said...

What are you trying to show in the last pic.

ashley said...

this is a G / PG blog, so only the burn line.

Anonymous said...

Let's see some more tan lines. Who is your photographer. He seems to be fogging up the lens.
-c.

ashley said...

gotta love the cell phone pic.s.