Thursday, March 19, 2009

no refund?

Josh has a field trip coming up. It was a bit on the pricey side for field trips...$11. I sent in the cash yesterday to pay for it. Then yesterday afternoon, I happened to stumble across a note from the 2nd grade team stating, that if money wasn't received by today (Thursday) then the field trip would be canceled and those who paid, may not get their money back. WHAT THE CRAP!! I could not take this. I wrote a note to the 2nd grade team today, telling them that I was going to get my money back if the trip was indeed canceled. I even emailed the principal in my disgust. Why should the parents that paid be held financially responsible for those who didn't. Are they (those parents) going to be getting a bill from the school for the money that they didn't pay? I did get a response from the principal telling me that she will look into it. Dang Skippy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Fight the Power!!

Cathy said...

That is ridiculous! Schools! Sheesh!

Mary said...

That doesnt make much sense!

ashley said...

i agree, this is nuts. hopefully this will be resolved.

Anonymous said...

"Look into it" means you will get your money back. BUT I think you should go to the school and get arrested so Clyde has to come home from work and bail you out.

ashley said...

i'm afraid that being arrested isn't the best way of getting clyde home early. he'd only laugh @ me and make me stay in jail to cool down and then i'd never be able to live it down. "Mom went to jail!" would be on my tombstone. not worth $11.

gleehorse said...

Yeah, that is NOT acceptable!! (the non-refund...ok, jail time for you isn't, either ;))