Sunday, March 29, 2009

erin's 1st temple trip

We learned a few weeks ago that our Ward had a youth temple trip planned for the same day as Maylee and Jared's reception...excuse me...ring ceremony. We were thrilled because it would be Erin's first temple trip. Neither Clyde nor I wanted to miss this, so Clyde has signed us up to go. We made arrangements to take the younger Wardlings to my parents house overnight, since we had a 9am session. It was amazing to see our daughter participate in this important work. She looked so little, but grown up @ the same time.




Our good friends, the Eshiets came along to the baptism as well. What a wonderful family they are!

Aren't the Beehives so adorable? Here are some of the Beehives from our ward and their amazing Beehive leader.

Once we were home and rested for about an hour, it was time to get dressed and ready with extra party clothes, to pick up the other Wardlings from my parent house. Bubbie had the Wardlings bathed and ready to be dressed for Maylee and Jared's reception...I mean ring ceremony...as soon as we arrived. We got the Wardlings dressed in record time, loaded the van and headed to Charlotte for the ceremony. The weather was terrible to drive in. Rain, rain, and more rain! We saw, within a quarter of a mile, 3 accidents. We were very grateful to have made it safely. We loved seeing all the family that were able to come and to meet some of Jared's relatives. Ed sang, children danced, Becki and Aunt Sandra cooked enough food to feed a Ward (ha ha). Plus-Clyde was a rockin' DJ! It was amazing. The Wardlings all had a blast! We were exhausted when the night was over. Clyde drove our van, with Papa Ed in shotgun, home with the sleeping Wardlings & I drove Aunt Sandra's Jetta (with Grammy Becki, Aunt Sandra and Libby Lou) back into the Emerald City. {{I just love, LOVE Volkswagons. What fun, fast cars! German engineering rocks!}} We didn't walk through the door of the Brown house until 12:30am. We were all totally pooped, but it was a good healthy tired. We were able to go to the Temple, visit with family, go to Charlotte for the reception...I mean ring ceremony... and just be together. All in all, a pretty spectacular Saturday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for Erin but it makes me feel like a loser for the fun I took part in over the weekend.

Riah said...

Sounds like a big day. I can't believe that little Erin Bean (as I am sure I will think of her always) is old enough for a youth temple trip. That's great.

dena4kids said...

OMG! I can't believe Erin is old enought to go to the temple!!!That is AWESOME! Just thinking about it gets me all teary eyed!=)

I am really happy for Maylee! Tell her Congrats for us!I love the picture of her and the Wardlings.

Anonymous said...

What a crazy weekend. I think, other than Erin doing temple work, the highlight for me was Edvis serendading the lovebirds as they sauntered down the isle. Also, The sight of Jacob eating chocolate covered strawberries was priceless.

ashley said...

the temple was the highlight of the day, but i liked seeing you dj it up my love. plus jacob double dipping in the chocolate fountain was funny. gross, but funny.

maylee said...

Ew, i didn't know he was double dipping :O..haha.

ashley said...

gotta love the 5 year old boy @ a party.