Sunday, June 8, 2008

teacher gifts

This is the end of the school, year and as a tradition, we make the Wardlings' teachers a thank you gift. One year, and again, I wish I would have taken photos, I hand embroidered the teacher's name and had it in a little frame...like a name plaque of sorts. One teacher flipped over it and every time we saw her, she talked about the gift. I am glad that she liked it. This year, we decided to make them these big totes and embroider their initial on them. These totes are pretty big. I thought that they could put a bunch of their papers in it or if they were going the more 'green' route then the bag was big enough for groceries. This was one of the sewing projects of last week. I thought that I got a picture of Libby and her teacher bags, but I couldn't locate them. You get the idea though.




No comments: