Monday, June 30, 2008

sunday rain

Usually during a heavy rain, I tuck the plants under the house, or bring them on the front porch, so that they aren't simply drenched in the pouring rain. Yesterday, however, I left them out in the rain. It has been so hot lately that the leaves in the plants have wilted and are thirsty looking by noon. I thought that they needed a good drink and the new rain gave them that. You can see them all perky after the rain. When I see them looking thirsty, I think of the primary song, "Give Said the Little Stream." In the 2nd verse, it says, "Give said the little rain, 'give o give, give o give. Give said the little rain, as it fell upon the flowers.' 'I'll raise their drooping heads again,' as it fell upon the flowers." Below are my yellow squashes and cucumbers all quenched and drooping heads raised: Here are two of my tomato plants. They are really growing tall! I have added the stakes in them to help hold them up.

Saturday morning, before we left for the birthday reunion, I went outside to water the plants. I seriously squealed when I saw this... our very first tomato!! I am so very proud that I had to post it. Isn't it beautiful?! ;)
After the rain last night, I went outside to check on the plants. Josh yelled, "Look there's a rainbow!" This picture was taken last night around 8:20 pm. The sky looks like it is 6 o'clock in the evening!

No comments: