Sunday, June 8, 2008

matchy matchy


This past week has been a busy sewing week for me. Well, not the whole week, but the past 3-4 days. It all started because Erin has her big 5th grade graduation this week and I wanted her to have a new dress to wear. That lead to Penny's dress, because I had left over fabric. I had enough to make one for Libby as well and then I had all these leftovers. So, instead of just storing them in my scrap box, I made Josh and Jacob a tie and Jacob a vest. Then, I remembered I had this rockin peacock, embroidered linen in my stash, so I made myself a skirt. The skirt was meant to be too, because this week I found the blue shirt on sale and then on Friday when I went to Jo-ann's there was a zipper to match. What are the odds? I still haven't found a zipper to match my plum embroidered skirt that I made a few weeks ago. Libby and Penny's dress, along with the boys' ties, Jacob's vest, and my skirt were all made yesterday. It was really nice sitting down @ my sewing machine and creating. It was too dang hot to go outside longer than what time it took to water my wee vegetable garden, so I sat sewing the day away. I didn't make my Clyde anything, because I seriously ran out of the gingham seersucker fabric.Ties are cut on the bias, so none of the leftovers were big enough for the bias cut. The boys ties were way easy too. The instructions had us trying a harder way that involved a ton of handsewing. I figured out another way, so that I wouldn't have to hand sew them.. Yeah for me!! I plan on getting some more of the same fabric to make Clyde a tie to match. I don't think that he'd wear a vest, but a matching tie for Clyde and the boys would be awesome.

No comments: