Wednesday, June 4, 2008

blog-iversary

I looked back @ our very first posting and it was a year ago today. Yippe for me. This has been a great journaling experience for me.

Today was a lot of fun, but a bit busy. The day started with a play @ school, from Erin and her classmates. It was from 8:30-9:30am. The entire school was there. I flipped a few parts of it...mainly the ones with Erin in them. I'll get to posting those soon. Once the play was over and I hugged the majority of the Wardlings still @ school, I was off to pick up Blaklee. We had to high-tail it home to meet with Penny's service coordinator for her therapy and to meet Ms. Katherine...Penny's therapist. We missed the service coordinator and I felt rotten, especially since gas prices are so high. I called her, made amends and another appointment for her to return. Ms. Katherine came and played with Penny outside today. Penny gets therapy for fine and gross motor skills. Ms. Katherine had her jumping and running today. I think Penny is getting bored with therapy. Maybe it is just this time of year.
Once Ms. Katherine's time was up, we then loaded back into the van and headed out to Michelle A.'s house for a pool party. The original plan was go take my 2 Wardlings and Blaklee to their neighborhood pool. To Michelle's surprise and dismay, the pool was under a bit of construction, so she invited us to hang out in their baby pool. The kids had a blast. Michelle was a trooper and even set up her sprinkler to play in. We stayed there long enough to get a bit pink...mainly me, since I didn't apply sunscreen and to get soaking wet. We all left @ about the same time to get our other children from school. We waited our usual allotted time and came home. The older Wardlings were abit upset @ me for not taking them to the pool, immediately after school. I just told them to chill...we have all summer to spend @ the pool, so a few days of summer without it won't hurt them. Penny and Blaklee both fell asleep on the way home from school this afternoon. They didn't get their usual nap, and playing in the sun drained them of their afternoon perkiness.
Clyde has a class tonight but lovingly agreed to leave a bit early so that I can go to an "up-do" hair styling class @ church. However, since we just chopped off some Wardling hair, it may just need to be filed in my memory. I am going to watch and to learn a few new things. I hope that the gal doesn't show us the same things that she did before the Women's General Conference in November.

1 comment:

maylee said...

i love that you created this blog..it helpe me keep up with all of you Wardlings!