Saturday, June 14, 2008

all in a saturday

Libby's friend Abby's mom, Jennifer, is getting married next week. She asked if I would alter her dress along with bustling it. Sister Dunlap let me, once again, come to her costume shop and use her dressform to do the bustle. Sister Dunlap is too kind! This is the front of the dress:

The back unbustled:
The back bustled...she can wear the bustle like this...
oops...same picture...
Or like this...
I had to add a piece to the back of the dress under the corset, remove snaps, and then reposition them to sew them back onto the piece that I added, and then bustle it. This was a fairly simple bustle, being 5 total. One in the center to bring the dress up and then 2 on each side to make it even across the hem. I like the way that the back looks in the last photograph. If she chooses to wear it this way, then I'll need to add 2 more hook and eyes to keep it in place...or @ the reception, since we are going to the wedding, then I can just stitch it into place. This is all in a Saturday. I have to hem one of her daughter's dresses and then add a corset back to her other daughter's dress.

No comments: