Thursday, June 19, 2008

corset back

For the past two days now, I have been trying to figure out a way to fix the back of this dress. The dress was just a smidge too small, and since the bridal store wouldn't take it back or even exchange it, Jennifer was stuck. This is what I came up with:


The corset backing mimics the bride's corset backing as well. I added the green ribbon to the back to match her other colors. It took alot of hours thinking about what the next step was and how to accomplish this project. My first try was a mock up of the back that already was there. I gathered the back the same, but it just didn't look right. The only fabric that I could find to semi match was @ Jo-Anns and it is still a shade darker. That is another reason why I chose the green ribbon, because it takes the focus off the piece that I added.

We are planning in attending the wedding on Saturday, so if there are any wardrobe mishaps, I'll be there to fix them...what service huh?!

No comments: