Friday, May 16, 2008

yellow paint


I have wanted to paint my entry hallway for some time now. I haven't done it because I wasn't sure which color I wanted to paint it. I still have some of the green that I painted the kitchen and I have more yellow from when I painted the living room. Decisions. After asking several people's opinions, I decided to go with the yellow, since I didn't want the green in the kitchen to make the hallway look like it was apart of the kitchen. Last night was the night to do it. Today Cheryl, Audra, and Michelle are throwing me a housewarming party and I wanted it to be done before a few of the gals from church got here. I get out my yellow paint that was left over from the living room and I begin to paint. The pail becomes empty and so I get the other gallon from the garage. It has been awhile since I used it, so I needed to stir it up to mix it all up again. As I poured it into my painting tray, I notice that it is much lighter than the paint that I had already used. Again, What the poop! First a flat tire and now the paint is wrong??!! Since the first coat of paint didn't cover much I wasn't too unhappy that I had the lighter to cover it up with. I looked @ the paint cans & noticed that the brighter color of paint was mixed with a different base color than the other paint can. By this time I am getting upset borderline angry @ Lowes all over again. See the 1st time I bought paint, the guy told me, from lowe's and olympic didn't make the particular type of paint that I needed and talked me into buying another brand. Then when I got home, I opened up their flyer to see that in fact olympic did make it and I felt like the biggest chump ever. Anyway, as I was painting last night, the conversation that I was going to have with the lowes manager was played out in my head. I would've taken in both cans of paint, so show the manager that they were mixed on the same day, just a few minutes apart, yadda yadda, and that I expected to have another gallon of paint with the same base mixed to compensate for their mistake. I wasn't even going to tell Clyde about it, I was just going to make it happen. Then I go back to load up my roller and I looked @ the paint can lids..... that's when I saw it. I had begun to use the obnoxious yellow paint, which is named sunshine btw, that the previous owners had left in the garage. This yellow paint is big bird yellow and is in my 1/2 bathroom downstairs. I was using the right paint, the 2nd time and went back into the garage to find the other can of paint from the living room and there it was mocking me in the garage. Ok- what a dork I am! I am so glad that I looked again and didn't make the biggest of all biggest idiotic of mistakes. How could I have ever shown my face again in lowes?? Whew-

No comments: