Friday, May 16, 2008

what the poo!!

Yesterday on the way to pick the kids up from school, I heard a thump, thump noise. I turned the corner on the street and stopped to take a peek. It just didn't sound right. I got out of the van and looked at the tires. The driver's side was fine. Then I walked around the other side and heard, 'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss' and noticed that the passengers side tire was deflating. Crap!! I only had 20 minutes before the Wardlings got off the bus too! Double Crap!! I called Bruce and Mitchel's mom, since she is the closest to the old house and she happily agreed to get the Wardlings off the bus for me. She said that she wanted to have them over for a playdate anyway. So, whew! However, in the mean time I still had the other 2 Wardlings and Blaklee with me. I called Rochelle and told her what was wrong, so she met me and got Blaklee and my baby Wardlings. The next step was to call Kia, since they have roadside assistance and have someone come out and change my tire. I could've done it by myself, I think, but thankfully someone else came. The place that I pulled over was /is a new development of houses. As such the asphalt was brand new. As the tow guy was changing my tire, the jack was sinking deeply into the asphalt. He had some boards that he put under the jack, in order to get the car jacked up again. I don't think I would've realized that, as I kept raising up the van to change the tire. Thankfully kia covered the cost as well. Cool.

As I sat waiting for the tow guy, I was glad to have my knitting with me. Once I had used all my yellow and couldn't knit anymore, I read Sports Illustrated about Danica Patrick and her win! Go Danica!!

No comments: