Saturday, May 24, 2008

lazy 5 ranch

What a fun field trip, the Lazy 5 Ranch is. This was the first field trip that I had the opportunity to go on this year. I try to do one per child, but sometimes it doesn't happen that way. I like for the Wardlings to have seen my face alot during the school year, in their classroom. I really like to be involved in anyway I can. We left the Wardling's school around 8am-ish. I rode with another Mom, saving a bunch of gas in the mini-van. There are such cool animals that we were able to feed and to touch. Josh really liked feeling the buffalo and the Siberian buffalo. Clyde bought me a disposable camera, so once that film is back, I'll post more pictures.

Once our tour was over we caught a glimpse of the farrier, who was re-shoeing a Clydesdale horse. That was fun to watch. I think that the farrier was bored with people watching, but we were going to watch it. Way neat.
There is a boy in Josh's class that looks alot like Josh...
I'm sorry to show the poop, but mid shoeing, as you can see, the horse dropped a load. The kids went nuts!

No comments: