Wednesday, May 7, 2008

casting our vote

Whist we voted...the Wardlings swung....

When Clyde came home from work last night, he was determined to go vote. I like to vote, but wasn't really up for voting in the primary. November's vote is a big one, so I am happy to do that. He talked me into going to cast our votes last night. We loaded up the Wardlings to go to our voting station and we voted. I am just at a loss for this election. None of the candidates for me are someone with whom I'd like to see in Washington, leading our country. Libby asked not too long ago why there were only 2 choices. There is the Constitutionalist party, but are we wasting our vote by voting for them? I think that Ralph Nader actually cost the democrats the election 4 years ago. Voting is a big deal to me. I just think of all those women fighting for the right to vote and it wasn't until the 1920's that women were actually allowed to vote. So, to me it is worth getting out to voice my opinion. Now, I have the right to complain, if it doesn't go my way.

Once we were finished voting, I realized that it was Tuesday night and that the big girls had Activity Night. We hadn't eaten yet, so we first went to Cici's pizza. I was not in the mood for pizza. To my benefit, their debit card machine was down and so McDonald's it was. I am not a big fan of McDonald's either (have you seen "Super-Size Me?"), but it was 6:30pm and church began @ 7. We were at our table and we saw Susan W. and her family go through the drive-thru. They had been waving for awhile, but it took a minute for me to catch on...duh...We ate and then off to church we went. Since the whole family was with us, & we didn't want to wait the hour, like I typically do on Tues. nights, so we went to Target and cruised around. When we got back to the church the girls had made these adorable flower pots all decorated and they had planted some impatients in them for Mother's Day. They were beautiful! I gave the flowers some good ole miracle grow fertilizer and they are now basking in the sun light outside.

No comments: