Thursday, May 1, 2008

craft wars and surgery

I have been in contact lately with Michaels arts and crafts store...rather they have been in contact with me, over my serious complaint about their stock. Because they are on the banned list I still have not returned to their store. Last week, the DM for the company called me to talk over my problem. Still nothing resolved and no gift card to get me back into the store was given...they are still on the banned list. Anyway, mid conversation he tells me that AC Moore is closing their shops within the next 45 days, because the manager had called and asked him for a job. They go way back, working together @ Wal-Mart together, years previously. I was dismayed, but chose to ignore it because, that couldn't be the truth. This morning, I had to take Uno into the Humane Society to be spayed...I'll have to write about that in just a minute... Since The Humane Society is on the same end of Wendover, I needed to go to Costco to 1- get gas, and b- to get a few groceries. It wasn't quite time for them to open...their sign says 11am...are they for real with that time? Anyway, we had to wait a minute and AC Moore is right there. We still had to wait 20 minutes before AC Moore opened. When it was time to go in and there was a crowd of people...6 to be exact... of other fellow AC Moore shoppers there, we walked into the store, & I was determined to get to the bottom of this AC Moore crisis hanging over my head. The kiddies and I walked back to the yarn section to look at and try to find some yarn for boys hats....thanks Shena for your advice...and there was a distributor for AC Moore, so I asked him about what the DM had said from Michaels. To his dismay, he said that he had heard nothing about our store closing. I mentioned that the Michaels manager said that the Florida store had already closed and that AC Moore was closing all stores below Maryland, due to the price of shipping their stock from NJ down the east coast. The AC Moore guy said that he knew that the FL store had closed, because it was the chains worst profiting store. So, we ended the conversation with him saying that he had heard nothing of the store closing, but that Michaels had signed or was about to sign bankruptcy papers very soon. A few minutes later, while I was looking @ yarn, he walks by me and says that he is going to get to the bottom of this and talk to their store's manager. Did I start something?? I can hear them talking & the manager says that they aren't closing, but knew of several stores that either had closed or were closing. The guy then pops his head back to my aisle and tells me the same thing. Now- who is lying...is AC Moore in fact closing their doors and the manager not telling...was he fretting and having a "What the Poop Moment" when I asked about it? Or is Michaels lying about AC Moore in order to get more business?? I bet I just started some major drama with that store. Who is telling the truth? Michaels or AC Moore? Where the poop is Nancy Drew when you need her?

Now Uno. We wanted to have her spayed, since I didn't want our dog to 1- go into heat and drive the other dogs in our neighborhood nutty and 2- I really didn't want blood everywhere, when she went into heat, and 3- I really don't want puppies. Finding homes for the hamsters was hard enough. I made an appointment with the Humane Society, since they were the most cost effective place to do it. She is also getting her shots and micro chipped, so that if she is lost, she can be located via satellite and found. Today was the day. We told the Wardlings that this day was quickly approaching and I think that they some what ignored me. That is until Libby was continually talking about it yesterday afternoon. Jacob started crying right away, especially when he found out that she has to spend the night tonight. He was determined to sleep with her at the Humane Society, to keep her company. He also wanted her to sleep with him last night. We don't mind if she begins the night with the Wardlings, but I do not want her to stay, because she just isn't poop/ pee trustworthy yet @ night. When Clyde and I went to bed last night, the boys had locked Uno with them, in their room. We had to wiggle and jiggle, and use our magic wand to open the door last night. Those boys...

So, this morning came. It was a usually wake up bark, but instead of letting Erin go downstairs to take her out and feed her, I did it. She couldn't have anything to eat or drink after 9pm last night, so I didn't want to take the chance that Erin had forgotten. The Wardlings were a bit emotional this morning. Erin was wailing and upset about the whole process. Josh was getting teary eyed and was abit unruly in the van on the way to school. Libby I don't think really cares either way. We leashed Uno and took her with us to school. We dropped the Wardlings off and then we needed to head over to the clinic. Jacob, Blaklee, Penny, & I arrived and checked our little Uno in. Jacob was mad at me, but not that upset yet. Then, Uno's name was called and the man took her away. Jacob immediately swelled up in tears and began to cry. I comforted him and carried him out to the van at which point he began to yell and cry @ me about Uno. He is still at this moment upset and will not get into his head that it is just one night and that we will get her again in the morning, after we drop the kids off @ school. I guess they really do like little Uno...

No comments: