Saturday, May 10, 2008

tickets

Thursday morning started out as a usual morning for us. Get up, get dressed, eat, leave for work and school. On the way to work and to school, either Clyde or I call each other to chat. Thursday morning changed things abit. While chatting, and getting ready to turn left, @ the LDS church, to go to work, Clyde looks both ways and then pulls out. Well, the problem is that he didn't look completely to his right and pulled out in front of a state trooper, barely missing him, whilst on the phone to me. The State Trooper pulls him over. Clyde had his license and registration ready for the trooper when he came to the window. They chat with the usual conversation...where are you going, why are you going there, etc...& the trooper takes his sweet time writing Clyde the ticket for not stopping @ a stop sign. He felt terrible. He really could've hit the trooper. That would've been a mess! I have to admit that I am glad that things like this happen to Clyde and not me. I haven't had a ticket for speeding, in 13 years. The last ticket I got was for the inspection being out on our car & that was 8 years ago. I hate the feeling of getting pulled over!

Yesterday wasn't anything super special here. We were asked to watch a few pals from church, Mitchel & Bruce while their mom had a job to do. We loaded up the car and went as usual to get the kids off the bus. The girls had been invited to go to Audra's house after school, and since I had a van full, Audra came to get the girls off the bus. Thanks Audra!! On the way home, we are jammin' to the Beastie Boys when I hear an unfamiliar sound... police sirens. I look up in the rear view mirror and there was a police man. I think he had tried to get my attention and that the sirens were the only thing that made me stop. What the crap, I was being pulled over? I looked down and I guess I was speeding. I get my license and registration out for him and the police man asked why he had pulled me over. I said that I must have been speeding. He laughed. He said, "you just pulled out onto the street, you didn't have time to speed." Then why was I being pulled over? Do I have too many kids in the van?? He said that I didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign that I had just past. Thinking back, there was a car coming, when I pulled out, but I had plenty of time to safely pull out onto the street. It was an unmarked police car. I had pulled in front of a state trooper too!! So, he says that he is going to pull my information and most likely if I didn't have a rap sheet 5 miles long that I would most likely get a warning. Meanwhile, I have my Wardlings, Blaklee, and Mitchel & Bruce with me. I had to explain that I did something wrong and that the police man was giving me a ticket. Jacob starts complaining that it is taking so long & that he's hot, and Mitchel starts telling me stories of when his mom had been pulled over. I just knew that I was going to get a ticket. Minutes, that felt like an hour, go by and the police man comes back up to my window and gives me back my license and registration and says something along the lines of "pay attention and to stop completely at stop signs, fair??" fair... I take my license & registration, start the van, check my mirrors, and drive off into the sunset having only gotten a warning.

No comments: