Monday, March 17, 2008

star wars ship



Our weekend was yet again busy, busy. We spent Saturday moving things over to the new house. We took apart the bunk beds and moved them. Clyde took apart the bunk beds, while I ran the boys things over to their new room. We actually have 3 sets of bunk beds. The first set the girls use and it is pretty big and bulky. It has a twin sized bed on top and the full size bed on the bottom. As we were moving the 2nd set of bunk beds out the door, our mail gal said that she wanted them. Of course those we aren't selling, so I told her about the other ones...the big ones. She said that she was interested, and gave me her number. I'll call and if she isn't too interested, then yard sale it is. Then Clyde and I had to move the other set of bunk beds, that were still in the box. We bought them some time ago, but hadn't set them up. We have been looking at houses for a long time and we wanted the new beds, for the new house. Those things are heavy. The beds aren't heavy piece by piece, but once you have them all, they felt like 300lbs. I remember moving them up our stairs to store them. They were so heavy, that they bruised my arms while carrying them. Once those things were down the stairs, I had the front end walking backwards to the van. We just slid them in and put the other bed's pieces and their mattresses on top. Clyde called Jamie K. to help him load the beds into the new house. Thank goodness for pals! I packed 80% of the boys things and moved them. It doesn't sound like alot of work, but really it was. I think that we are going to try to have a yard sale, to maybe make a few bucks on the things that we don't need.

Between loads to the van, Clyde and the kids stop in their tracks to take a peek at an earthworm that was on the sidewalk. It was so cute to see Clyde telling them about earthworms. The Wardlings were all very interested in it. I remember dissecting one in the biology class, sophomore year of HS. It was pretty gross. My lab partner slept through the whole year, except for the dissecting classes.

While I was in the boys' room sorting through clothes and cleaning up, the phone rang. I asked Erin to grab it. She frantically starts searching for it on top of Josh's cubby. While doing so, a star wars ship falls off, smashing him in the nose. His nose just exploded with blood. It was dripping down his face, down his arms, puddled on the floor. Plus, all the shock ridden faces and tears were something else to simply add some stress to the situation. I grabbed whatever was close, a shirt or something and put it to his nose, to start applying pressure. I started a tub to wash him, since like I said, the blood was all over him. It was gross. I did, what I think any mother would have done, I grabbed a tampon and put it up his nose. Josh was amazed by it. It looked pretty funny. I would've taken a picture, but I thought that it might embarrass him later. Once Clyde came home, he cut the string off of it. It worked very nicely BTW!!