Thursday, March 13, 2008

eeeww...gross!

This morning, right before the bus came, we were all running around getting things ready. Me, helping each of the children find what they were missing...a backpack, socks, shoes, snack, and remembering to give one of the girls medicine for her head cold. I do not like the unorganized fashion each morning. Each night we tell them to get their clothes ready with all their stuff. We are moving and our house is very unorganized right now, so they need to have their stuff together. I had Josh's grapes in a baggie and went to put them into his snack packet in his back pack. I reached in it to see which snack was still in there from yesterday and that's when it happened. I touched something slimey, wet, and cold. It was a banana that I had given him for snack over a week ago, rotting in his snack pocket. EEEWWW Gross! I told him when I gave it to him to eat it and not let this rotting thing happen again. That's right- this has happened once before this school year. At home, he loves bananas. Why he won't eat them @ school, is beyond me. Is it uncool to eat a banana @ school? This banana thing happened about 3 minutes before the bus came, so he had to run upstairs and find another backpack for the day. Josh is by far my fastest child, but not in the mornings. He moves slower that yertle the turtle. That boy! He is the last one up and the last one finishing his breakfast, the last one brushing his teeth etc... I was not prepared for that gross banana thing this morning. Gross!