Wednesday, March 12, 2008

pizza pizza

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. Since Clyde would be picking them up on his way home from work, he didn't have time to chef up anything. I am not the greatest of great cooks. SO, I stuck to something we all love, pizza. Plus, I know how to make the dough and the toppings speak for themselves. I started the dough around 2:45 giving them plenty of time to rise. They rose beautifully. Thankfully it was a sunny day, with no moisture in the air, so they had a chance to rise. I had Clyde call me when we was getting into town, so that I could start the first pizza. I wanted the Wardlings to be eating about the time the Elders showed up. They can be a bit, in your face, so if they are busy eating, then they won't be flopping all over the elders. The plan worked. The 1st pizza was coming out of the oven, as Clyde and the fellas pulled into the driveway.

This was our first pizza of the night pre-baked. Looks good, right?!
This is what it looked like all baked up to perfection. Looks even better!
Here, you have to make your own pizza. We laid out all the possible topping possibilities and let the Elders go for it.
This is the Elder's pizza baked up. You can see the dividing line that they made.
This is Ninja Turtle Josh putting pepperoni's on our 5th pizza of the night.
After dinner, we typically have the Elder's give us a mini lesson. Last night they talked about the importance of FHE. They had the kids tell them the things that we did for FHE and they talked about a few that I had forgotten about. We go for walks, bake cookies, fold laundry, and just try to spend some time together. Not all FHE's have a lesson, but mainly it is an opportunity to catch up with one another, as we go our separate ways each day. It has been a long time since we've had the Elder's over for dinner. Clyde has been working late nights, for a school teacher and so the timing hasn't been right. One of the Elder's had served in my home ward, so it was nice being able to talk about the same people...all nice of course! :)
As the night went on, our boys changed costumes and put on a light saber show for everyone. As if the ninja turtles weren't show enough. I love that they can dress up and use their imaginations. I like that my children can be children; that they like wearing Darth Vader costumes to go shopping. The light saber show was spectacular. Jacob was in his whitie tighties, flipping around the living room!