Monday, March 24, 2008

weekend happenings...

Ok- so what a busy weekend. Thursday night, Rochelle and I went to the new house and painted the kitchen. It is way cool to go and paint! I am looking forward to painting the rest of the house. I actually went to Lowes with my sister, Raegen and her husband John to buy the paint, the night before. He works for Lowes so that means discount!! I bought a lawn mower and 4 gallons of paint. Two gallons were for the kitchen and 2 for the living room. I went earlier in the week and bought my little samples of colors and the vendor told me what type of paint to buy. So, when we went to Lowes they had the kitchen and bath paint that I wanted but they didn't have the brand of paint that I wanted in the living room paint. The guy, Jacob, that night told me that Olympic didn't make the type of paint that the first guy told me that I needed. So, I went to another brand paint and the guy color matched it for me, which made me nervous. After I left Lowes, I went to the new house to drop off the lawn mower and the paint. I came home excited to tell Clyde what I got. I told him that they didn't make the paint that I originally wanted yadda, yadda. I had saved the Lowes flyer and so I thumbed through it to see what else was on sale. Then it happened... I saw that Olympic did make the type of paint that the sales guy told me that Olypmic didn't. Ooohhh...I was then mad. Of course the tinted paint is non-returnable. I didn't tell Clyde my discovery, mainly for my pride, because it was hurt. The next morning, I got on-line to get Lowe's info and called as soon as the kids got on the bus. I called Lowes a smidge after 7 am and asked to speak with the manager. I told him what had happened the night before and that I felt like a chump for taking this 'experts' advice, with the non-returnable paint. Brandon, the manager, told me that I could indeed bring it back and get my money back. So, I did. I still need to go back and get the living room color in the right paint that I need to do the job.

Saturday, we had another yard sale here. We wanted to get rid of a bunch of stuff, so why not try to make a few dollars off of it. We did pretty good totaling $175, off of some old stuff. We sold our old table and 4 chairs, a hand-me-down dresser, 2 lamp side tables, knick knacks galore, a gum ball machine, bunk beds, etc., etc., etc. What was left, we hauled away to the other people's crap store...goodwill.

Easter Sunday, after church we went to the Cecil Farm and let the kids go. Mom had made a wonderful meal! She hid eggs for the babies to go find too. She even got each of the Wardlings a new Easter outfit, except for Penny...she made hers. It was/is so pretty. She did some heirloom stitches and embroidery on it. Bubbie even made her a slip to go underneath it! My Mom is so talented!! Thank You, Thank You Mom!! Later in the day, the Wardlings even helped her feed their 4 horses. Dad showed us the new greenhouse that they are building, along wit their garden. They are always making new additions to their place. It is really cool to see. We brought along Tyler, our neighbor, because Wiley, his step dad just had open heart surgery. We thought it was a nice break for them...just a bit of R & R. He is a well behaved kid to have around.

Today has been spent packing and taking things to the new house. Having all the Wardlings around today has been interesting. It hasn't helped that I woke up in the foulest mood today. Have you ever done that?? I was grumpy and miserable all day long. I am hoping that tomorrow will be better. I want to finish painting the rooms that I have started before our big move coming up. This evening didn't go as well either. Penny picked up the mama Hamster, Princess Leia and she bit Penny. Hamsters have razor sharp teeth and she got Penny good. Libby brought her down and blood was covering Libby's neck. It was everywhere. I washed it and applied pressure to it, applied some of the 2nd skin stuff and two band-aids. This is a lovely ending to a simply rotten day.