Wednesday, March 5, 2008

i'm loosing my cool

Today, I took the kiddies to Wal-Mart to buy some rubbermaid containers, to use for our move. I bought one humongous one for camping and the 5 mid to large sized ones for clothes and such. The idea is that, I load up the bins with the Wardling's clothes, then take a load to the house and while there, unpack them, hang them up and bring home the empty bins to repeat that process. We really would like to have as much stuff out of our home now as soon as possible. Once the kiddies and I got home, I fed them, while I loaded up the van with our stuff. I even bought, gulp, those icky paper plates to use. (That will have to be another post.) I loaded up our dishes and silverware, along with the 15 other boxes of stuff. We drive to the new house and I unload the van, while Jacob and Blaklee ran around the place. Penny fell asleep, and since we have a garage, I left her in the car seat, to continue her snooze. Once I unloaded the stuff and unpacked a few boxes, it was time to go home. I run down the driveway to check the mail. In it were some typical new homeowner stuff, but there was one thing that caught my attention. In it was our homeowners insurance... & it was a bill. Now Clyde and I have already paid, in full, upfront, for our year's worth of insurance before we even closed on the house. So, I am confused as to why we are getting another bill. When we get home, I call the insurance co. up and the guy won't give me any information, because my name isn't on the policy. WHAT!!! I am the one who actually set up the insurance policy and paid for it. Why the heck is my name not on it??!! It is through the same people we have our car insurance through so, one would think that they would all be connected. The guy asks if we could get my husband on the phone so that he can give verbal approval for the insurance co. to talk to me. I was breathing fire at this point. Still am really. Why is that? I understand for security purposes, but if I have all the info needed and set the dang policy up, why do I need to get my husband's approval to ask and receive an answer to a simple question? That poor guy on the other end of the phone probably added a note like this to our account: "Woman is insane, be careful when speaking to her, she might reach through the phone and choke you!"

No comments: