Monday, March 10, 2008

saturday's events











Saturday was busy for us. We all went our separate ways. Clyde had to be back at the Stake Center to ref basketball games. This was his last Saturday. Boy am I thrilled! He took Erin and Libby with him. I was meeting Maylee and Mark @ 10, in Asheboro. I had a big shopping day ahead of me, and so I arrange with Maylee and Mark to take the 3 younger Wardling with them to the zoo. Once we got all the carseats and stroller, along with the 3 Wardlings in Maylee's car, I headed out to my pal, Jenn's house. Once I walked up her sidewalk, she squealed. Her husband Peter, had their 3 children for the day. We got in her truck and headed to Gastonia to hit Mary Jo's fabric shop. That is a cool place. I did find what I was looking for, some nylon to make something for Clyde. He had requested it a few times now. So, once that is finished, I'll post what I've made with it. After Mary Jo's, we drove back down 85 to go to the Concord Mill Mall. That is also another cool place! We were starving when we got there, so the first order of business was to eat lunch. We ate at Steak Escape. It's another pricey sandwich shop, but it was very filling. After lunch we headed down to one of my favorite shops for the kids, The Children's Place Outlet. We shopped around a bit and once we realized that the line was at least an hour and a half wait, there was no way I was going to wait in it, to buy a $3 polo for the boys. Had I found a huge amount of stuff for next to nothing, then I would've been glad to wait, but since we were without children and had the whole mall to hit, we were burning daylight, and the only thing that stood between us and the rest of the mall, was the $3 polo. So, we did what anyone else would do, we hid our stuff in hopes that when we came back, the lines would be shorter and then we could buy the stuff. No such luck. We did continue our shopping. We had a blast. It was way nice to catch up with a friend. We hit Old Navy, The Gap, Maidenform, Disney, KB, AC Moore, etc. We went into dozens upon dozens of shops to 'just look.' It was way cool to try bras on and not have one of my children crying as the melodic background music. I didn't get home until after 10pm. I had an entire day without family. It was a nice break, but I really missed them. I'm glad that yesterday, it was just us!

Clyde spent his Saturday with basketball and getting our new dining room table. We went on Thursday night to look at tables. I knew what I wanted. I have always wanted this picnic type table with benches on the side. When I was growing up, there was a gal in our ward, who I just loved. Due to a bad heart, she and her husband couldn't have children. He built their house with his brothers...every log. They lived in this rockin log cabin with a spiral staircase. It was sweet. He also built their table and it was this picnic table with benches. I fell in love with it. With the benches, we can fit more bottoms at the table. While looking for a dining set, I found one that I loved. It however, was the most expensive set at the shop. Clyde and I agreed on another one and bought it. It did come with a bench!! I really am excited to put it in our new dining room! So, Saturday, Clyde and the girls took the seats out of the van and got our table. They then went to the new house and put it there. They also had to run to Wal-mart for a few things. Then, they had to be back at the Stake Center for another game that Clyde was in. That game they were creamed. I'm sure they all played hard and hey- there's always next year!!

Josh, Jacob, and Penny had a blast with Maylee and Mark. The weather was sunny but oh-so windy. I'm glad that I made the kids wear hats and scarfs. They walked the kids all over the zoo...both continents. We usually hit one of them, because the kids are just so grumpy tired. Josh and Jacob walked the whole time. Penny happily rode in the stroller. I am so thankful to Maylee and Mark for helping us out on Saturday. They are wonderful!!

No comments: