Monday, January 21, 2008

red beret

Shena is holding a knitting class this week. She is showing us how to knit a hat. I wanted to at least try a beret on my own, before the class, so that I wouldn't look silly if I didn't get it right the first time. I had a pattern in a book, so I followed it. It wasn't too bad, until I had to switch to the double-pointed needles. I used size 5, 16" circular needles for the brim and then switched to size 8, 16" needles for the remaining hat. The pattern called for a single rib on the brim, and I changed it to a double rib. The pattern called for 6's and 7's. I didn't have either of those, so I used what I had. I think that it turned out cute. The next one I make I'll make the hat part a smidge longer, so that the hat would fit my older girls.


No comments: