Friday, January 11, 2008

bowl magic



A few years ago, Clyde folks gave me a gift certificate for Christmas. We really needed some new dishes, as our were worn out and mix matched. So, I lucked up and found this set of dishes. It was a big set of 8 per item...bowls, plates, tea cups, & saucers. As the years have gone by, we have lost a few of this useful bowls, due mainly to me. I am a bit clumsy, which isn't a good thing when you are as tall as I am. So, a few days ago, it was when I was unloading my 2nd or 3rd load of dishes that day, that I took stock of the bowls that were in the cabinet. I now have 3 of these bowls and a few of my child proof plastic ones. Where have my bowls gone?? Did I break them, did someone else break them, and have I blocked that memory out? OR- did the Miss Penny Jill chuck them?? We are also missing some of the tea cups. I know that a few of them had been broken as well and that we are using 3-4 of them as our hamster feeders. So, I am just confused. I know that the tea cups roughly add up, to this set, but I own another set and they are missing as well. I must have an awful memory. Then again, things tend to mysteriously disappear at my house. If I leave a drink on the counter & leave the kitchen, when I return it is empty. We had donuts for breakfast and the remaining of Penny's donut that was on the counter, disappeared before she could finish it. Shoes, socks, earrings, Star Wars figures light sabers, or anything else that comes in pairs tend to disappear. I think that the monster who dwells in either our washing machine or dyer is to blame for the socks. I think that Hoba, Jacob's imaginary friend, has something to do with it too, because I think that our friends, "I don't know" and "I didn't do/ take it" are on vacation. OR- maybe it is magic.

No comments: