Tuesday, January 8, 2008

mother's revenge


So, after yesterday's post of frustration, I am very proud of what I accomplished. Yes, I did clean the girls' room. (And, by me doing so, the girls have lost their allowance for this week and I threatened for next week as well.) As seen from the 1st picture, I bagged up all but one Sunday dress, their Sunday sweater, and a slip. I would have paid to have gotten Libby's face on camera. I told her that she now had 1 dress for Sunday and her response was, "what dress?" She said it with a way concerned face. It was GREAT!! See, this sticks it to her because, she is way into fashion and choosing her clothes. What's on today's docket you ask? Well, once the 12 loads of laundry are washed, dried, and folded, I am choosing 3 pairs of pants and about 5-6 shirts and bagging up the remainder for a bit. Why so much laundry? Well, when you have a filthy room, and they don't bring down their stuff to be washed, it tends to pile up. I had them take the sheets off their beds a week ago, and as of yesterday, they hadn't replaced them. So, we had to make beds as well. Let me just say that I got a garbage bag, nearly too heavy to lift from their room. Then when I vacuumed the floor, the canister was full. (We have the bag-less type vacuum.) Gross!! We changed the hamster bedding and thank goodness for Febreeze!! I feel so much better about the mess that was the girls' room...mother's revenge is very sweet! Next step, the boy's room...

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, Ashley, you are funny! I love reading your blog! Were the boys frightened?

ashley said...

they are afraid of loosing their allowance more than the rath of mom...does that mean i'm a softy??

Kelly said...

Ahhh, the ever infuriating battle of the bedroom! I know it well. I'll be eager to see how it works for them.

ashley said...

I don't know if this Sunday will be a big thing, but next Sunday and the following Sunday, when they have to put that same dress on, might have an impact them. They have been walking on eggshells around me lately. I'll keep you updated!!