Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley

We were watching the news this morning and I was reading the revolving news @ the bottom of the screen that scrolls by. It said that the Kennedy's were supporting Obama. The next sentence started with "The Mormon Leader, Gordon B. Hinckey..." to which I thought would continue with," supports ..." but to my shock said "died." I said, outloud, "What -Gordon B. Hinckley died?!" My children were all in shock and repeated the sentence, as they put down their mouth fulls of cereal. So, I jumped up and looked up the Church's official website, to which it confirmed the news of his passing last night. My children were all sad this morning as are millions of people around the world. Though, I felt at peace. I knew that he was with his wife and that he was happy. He did such an amazing thing by building more temples across the earth. By doing that, I knew that he loved not only Heavenly Father, but his wife and family as well. I was kinda relieved that he past away on the 27th and not on Erin's birthday. My great friend, Misty's birthday is the 27th, so I hope that she is ok...A birthday not to be forgotten.

No comments: