Tuesday, February 5, 2008

what the poop!!

Have you every had a 'what the poop?' moment? I have them all the time, however, it is quite literal today. Since Zoey and Madi's arrival, we have had poop issues with Zoey. She will hold it & hold it until she can't hold it anymore and let me tell you it is an explosion when she can't hold it anymore. Dede once said at a girls night, that she has to love the person to love their child. I find this is most cases to be true. I know that Rochelle loves me, because Zoey's first 'explosion' came while she was watching the children for me. I had to sign loan papers and it was easier to do it without the 5 children under the age of 4 who are with me. Anyway, Zoey poops and let me tell you...Rochelle loves me. This poop was no ordinary poop. This poop was oozing from every part of her diaper. Yes, that day I happened to put a diaper on her because she wouldn't poop in the potty for me after sitting for awhile and I knew that she had to go. That poop was up her back, up her chest, puddled on her face, down her legs, and puddled on the floor. Why on her face??? Well, she had gotten out of the bottom bunk to play, instead of sleep during nap time and fell asleep on the floor, infront of the boys' closet. Rochelle cleaned her up, & bathed her, while screaming. Did I mention that Rochelle is pregnant and her smells are way intensified? And, the thing is, is that Zoey isn't my baby either. It was just bad timing. That reminds me, I must bake some 'thank you' cookies for Rochelle. (I started putting a diaper on her about every 3rd night, because I knew that she would poop in the diaper in the morning.) So, today the same sort of thing happened. I knew that Zoey had to poop. She had been pooting all day. Whenever she would go pee, she'd cry and point to her heiny. I knew she had to poop. I had her sit & sit & sit & sit today. She sat and cried & cried & cried. After 30 minutes + of this, she would get up and within 20-30 minutes, I knew that she was holding it again. So, this went on for a long while today. She didn't poop before nap time and so I put her to bed. Now, yes, it is true that I probably should'a put a diaper on her, but let's face it, she is 3 and can poop on the potty. She woke up a bit early, partly because Madi was awake and was singing, but the other part was because she had to poop. She came downstairs & she was fine, no poop or pee. So, we put her on the potty to pee and she again starts to cry. At this point I have given up on her pooping, so I tell her that once she pees then she can get up. She starts crying. I am way frustrated at this point. I check on her (because she has stage fright and can't pee with an audience or in any public place...church, costco) and let me tell you that, that little girl had gotten off the potty, pulled up her panties and POOPED in them. OOOOHHHH!!! talk about frustration. Let's just say that she is in TO for awhile. She also peed in the bed this morning. Last week was rough with the peeing everywhere thing. She wouldn't pee, in the potty that is. Zoey would pee in the middle of the boys rug, in their room, she peed on our top stair, & she peed while getting into the tub one night, after sitting on the potty moments before. We had a similar experience with Madi last week as well. We had taken the kids out to dinner...again with the stares...we even saw Leesa @ Target. Anyway, we get home, brush teeth, change diapers, and put kids to bed. Claire is arriving any moment for me to look @ her wedding dress to see how I can alter it. We hear Madi upstairs crying. I go up to check and lo and behold she had taken her diaper off, peed and pooped on her blankets. I am glad that it was a solid log and not runny. I think that after my squeal of disgust, she has been afraid to do that again, and I have learned to put undies over her diaper to distract her from pulling the tabs open on her diaper. Is this for attention? Are these girls, so deprived of positive attention and used to only getting negative attention that they did this @ their house too? Erin's teacher has said that when things are going right for some kids, after things going way wrong, they will do something to spoil it. I just have to say, what the poop!!

4 comments:

dede said...

I stand by those words!

Our son didn't like to do his business and would hold it forever. Two things that helped:

1. Glycolax. Natural laxative added to his drink once a day. Made it so he didn't have a choice to hold it anymore (if you know what I mean). I think you can even get it OTC now instead of prescription.

2. Sitting him on the toilet everyday at the same time and he didn't get to get off until he had done his business. No choice. Before long, he hated sitting there more than he hated pooping and just started getting it over with. He still goes at that same time everyday.

Good luck!

ashley said...

how long would he sit...an hour or more? she was on the toilet forever yesterday too...that's what made me upset about her pooping in her panties. thanks for the advice!! the glycolax is a good idea!

dede said...

At the beginning it probably was about an hour. But believe me, that doesn't last long.

ashley said...

she sat on the potty for 2 1/2- 3 hours yesterday and still no poop.