Thursday, February 28, 2008

boxes and more boxes



This is what my house looks like right now. There are boxes upon boxes everywhere! Some are packed up and ready to be moved, while others are awaiting to be filled. It is amazing the stuff that is accumulated thorough out the years. When did we get this much stuff? I am a bit of a pack rat too, so this doesn't help matters at all. In preparation to de-clutter, I went through my fabric closet today. Yes, I have a closet full of fabric. Some people have yarn coming out their bottoms, or die-cuts, or scrapbooking supplies, I have a smidge of that stuff, but my thing is fabric. Whenever I see something that makes me say, "ooohhh" and if it is on sale, then I buy it. I cannot tell you how many times that cache of fabric has saved me for gift giving. I have sweet linens, suedes, corduroy, eyelets, flannel, denim, cottons w/ some of the coolest prints on them, toiles, netting, upholstery fabric, and the list goes on and on. I haven't mentioned all the notions I own either...buttons, zippers, embroidery floss, cross stitch stuff, hoops, thread, or embellishments. I have told myself, as I go through our clutter, that I have to ask myself, "where am I going to put it in the new house?" If I don't have an answer for that question, with whatever the item is, then there is no reason whatsoever to keep it. However, when it comes to my fabric, I'll make room!! :)
*** I do have to add a thank you shout out to Dennis and Audra for giving us these tremendous boxes! You guys are the coolest! Thank you, Thank you!!***

No comments: