Thursday, February 7, 2008

vacuum party





This morning, after our bath and breakfast routine, we played our music to clean too. Jacob's favorite Primary song is "I'll Follow Him in Faith." We listened to that song probably 5 times. Today's goal was vacuuming. I have to set little goals, because otherwise at the end of the day I don't feel as though I have accomplished very much if I don't. Once I get the vacuum out, Madi goes crazy, but not in a good way. She begins to scream and cry. I tell her to go sit on the couch, so that I can vacuum. My other children have all done this but, it was my fault. I told them, when they were younger, that if they didn't pick up the toys, then the vacuum would suck them up and they would go away. They thought that this would mean them too, if the vacuum got too close, so they would all run away and jump on the couch for protection. This also got them to pick up their toys with lightening speed. I just laugh. I know, I'm sick that way. Today Penny decided that she was going to help out. We got the hose out and vacuumed the downstairs, paying particular attention under the table and furniture. I got a bit ambitious and decided to vacuum under the couch cushions. Penny again helped as you can see above. She loved using the wand. She played with it. She also vacuumed a part of our hallway. Jacob wanted to get in on the action too, playing that is. It will be nice when all of the children learn how to use the vacuum!!

No comments: