Friday, February 1, 2008

look what i did

A few years ago, I drew both of my older brother's names for Christmas. I love handmaking the majority of our Christmas gifts. But what do you make for boys? Girls are easy, but boys are a bit harder. I thought that I would make them each a picture of their families. This one is the one that I had embroidered for Doc. Their family grew by one last year, so I wanted to update it for them. By the time that I got the first one, I realized that to make it pretty, especially on the back, I needed to take it all apart. At that rate, I could make them a new one. I started it before Christmas and I just finished it this week. I wanted to have it done earlier, but with the new little girls who are at our house, I haven't had as much time as I would like to get the crafty things done. Usually by now, I have started thinking about the upcoming year's Christmas gifts. I hand make them and if I start late in the year, then I am up really late sewing them, or I am a mad woman trying to get all of them done. I don't like either of those options. I have enough to do, to add way more gift making to the list. I think that the new one turned out nicely. Clyde mailed it for me yesterday. He should be getting it soon. I am proud of myself.

No comments: