Thursday, May 13, 2010

strawberry jam

I asked Penny what she wanted to do today and she said, "pick brawberries."  She loves to pick berries. We took the boy wardlings to school and picked another basket of berries.  We had gone yesterday after speech to the blue superstore to get canning jars and sugar. (We saw several of our friends there as well! Good to see you!) There is so much sugar in jam!!  So, today was the day to attempt making jam without my mom's watchful eye.  I think it turned out nicely. We did the cooked jam, hoping to free up space in the freezer. We need all the space we can get for food. We used the left over jam, from my stock pot, for Penny's butter bread with jam on it. She ate 2 pieces, so I can say that it is yummy, as it should be with 7 cups of sugar in it. 7!!

No comments: