Friday, May 28, 2010

le jardin

We have been busy in the yard of the brown house lately. We have cleaned out, pine needled, flowered, and added garden boxes. The garden has been growing most spectacularly thus far. (please don't jinx me for saying that.)  Last year the squirrels ate my tomatoes...except for the cherry tomatoes because we had them growing like wild fire. I have learned alot from messing up in the garden.  Like, peat moss is necessary for plant growth, using epsom salt is great,  having flowers around your garden helps bees to share the love of pollination, having starts of plants does wonders for my patience & wearing flip flops outside while gardening leaves funky tan lines on my feet.  Last year we had 3 garden boxes and this year we have added a few more, with the hopes of building at least one more.  I really like getting my hands dirty (except getting the dirt out from under my finger nails part) and producing the food that we eat.  It is alot of hard work, but i love it.  I do not know if we will produce enough veggies to store, but hopefully we'll have enough of the fruits and veggies to help maintain the stomachs of the Wardlings this summer.

No comments: