Tuesday, January 4, 2011

not so fast

I thought I was finished blogging and uploading pictures from Christmas, but alas no. As I was thumbing through the pictures stored on my cell phone, I found these beauties...

We were secret Elf'd, from a Michigan Elf. The elf gave us 6 sleds! The wardlings sledded all Christmas break...even when there was a mere dusting of snow and lots of ice.


 We have a tradition of making gingerbread men on Christmas Eve each year. I so look forward to this every year. I love buying the treats to attach, along with making the dough, rolling it out, baking our wee gingerbread men. I love it. This year, because I was sewing or embroidering til Christmas Eve, I handed the project over to Clyde to supervise. I had to take several deep breaths when I saw what he was doing. It started off well...
 Until I noticed that he was making anatomically correct gingerbread men.
 I was trying to be positive with it until I saw the boys making anatomically correct gingerbread men and having a fabulous time at it.  They had their giggles and then it was back to making G rated gingerbread men. (mainly because I had finished sewing and was back to supervise.)
 Then of course the snow came on Christmas day and the day after. Libby and Penny loved sledding again and again!
 This was the dirt pile I swept up after sweeping at least 3 times a day for the last 2 weeks, yesterday. No matter how much we swept, the floor was still just dirty. Yesterday I even moved the couch and chairs to get the gunk off the floor. I washed, dried and folded nearly 9 loads of clothes. (Clyde had begun the job for me washing several load prior to me finishing up the job.) I even washed 2 dishwasher fulls of dishes. What is amazing to me is how quickly the brown house can become dirty. We could sweep the floor and within minutes it was time to sweep again. grody! This picture doesn't give the pile any justice either, because it was enormous!
 Once the roads were clear enough to leave the emerald city and return again, we headed over to the Cecil farm to visit Bubbie and PopPop along with my brother G and his wife and 5 children. We loved visiting with everyone and I even took a slushy snowball to the face.  Thanks Mom!! :)  Thanks again for everything! I failed to take any pictures except for the faces of the Wardlings on the way home. Some were goofing off in the back seat, while others simply crashed.

 Clyde's brothers got coats and I believe I did Clyde a misjustice by telling his folks that he had plenty of coats. (His Christmas wish list was really long this year, simple but long.) So he decided to try on R's coat for giggles.
I actually need CLyde's cell phone to send pictures of our new year's eve with Maylee and her gang, along with M (R's wife). R was sick and so his wife came alone to hang out.  Fireworks were shot off, cheese sticks were consumed, gifts were given and recieved and memories were made. I am way impressed that fires weren't started with the fireworks on our newly laid hay in the back yard.

Jacob had one quote for the Christmas season that he would say over and over and over again. Sometimes he would say it 10 times in a row. He would say, "It's just not smart, it's K-Mart smart!" He is still saying it as a matter of fact. (deep sigh inserted here.)

No comments: