Thursday, July 31, 2008

white dresses

I was asked by Rochelle, when she was still pregnant, if I would make the blessing dress for their new baby. I happily agreed. I love working with white fabric. It looks so angelic. This is the baby's dress.
Rochelle made the tatting along the sleeves. I added the belt loops for 2 reasons...1- to hold the ribbon on and b- so that the ribbon could be exchanged for another color of ribbon to allow the dress to go a bit farther. I love this dress.

Along with the blessing dress, they asked if I make Blaklee, their other daughter, a dress for the temple. They are also being sealed and needed another white dress. This is what I came up with: again... I made a slot for the ribbon to slide in, but also that it could be replaced with another color of ribbon. Rochelle made the tatting for the sleeves of this dress as well. It is so pretty and delicate! These photos do not give the tatting justice.
Since Penny and Blaklee are about the same size, I wanted to see it on a little girl. Penny loved this dress. I'll be making one for her very soon!

(Penny is signing more here...)