Sunday, July 20, 2008

***hotel fun***

This past weekend Clyde and I had the chance to get away. Maylee came and watched all 5 of the Wardlings for us. How sweet! Thank you, thank you Maylee!! Clyde reserved us a hotel room and we were off Friday night as soon as Maylee arrived. We went to Concord and had some serious fun! We had forgotten how easy it is to get in and out of the car, stores, restaurants, or even trying clothes on, when we don't have 5 Wardlings under foot. We arrived @ our hotel, dropped off our stuff and we were out to dinner. (There was an Asian fella checking us in and he was a bit intimidated by Clyde. He actually asked why Clyde was giving him a hard time. Clyde wasn't giving him a hard time, he was being friendly. The Asian manager warmed up to us and told us about him going to Carowinds the next day because he got free tickets.) It was a late dinner and had we had our babies with us, it wouldn't have happened. However, I was so tired myself, that during dinner, I went to grab Clyde's soda and it slipped from my hands, hitting the table with a loud clank. I did manage to catch it, with just a few drops spilling on my shirt. That's me though...way clumsy.
We stayed at the Marriott. Our room looked like the one that we stayed in when we visited New York a few years ago with our pals the Barlows. New York!(insert deep sigh here.) The hotel had a nice continental breakfast, pool, workout room, yadda yadda. The air conditioning was blasting and it was such a comfortable place to spend the 2 nights we were away. Ahh...hotel fun! ;)

We were able to go to Concord Mills Mall and pick up the things that we needed, either for back to school or for my Christmas list. I found a killer deal @ AC Moore on some supplies. And yes- the Michaels ban is still on. We hit some other cool sales of 50% off the clearance price. That was fun! We also went to see the new Batman movie. It was rated pg-13, but it shoulda been rated R. It was so violent with adult themes that the pg-13 rating was / is way too soft. There aren't but maybe a few expletives, but again the explosives and all the deaths shoulda made the movie an R. This is not a film for families with small, young , tween, or teen children. It is dark and Clyde loved it. Just FYI.

When we checked out of our hotel room this morning, the Asian manager was back and told us all about his trip the previous day to Carowinds. He asked if Clyde was going to give him another hard time. Silly guy! Then he said something funny that we had to giggle at. He was said, as he was talking about the wait in the Carowinds lines that "as the day got longer, the less more people were in line."

I loved this weekend. There is nothing better than being able to spend time alone with my sweetie pie. It is easy to forget or get wrapped up in so many other things, that the relationship Clyde and I share is put on the back burner. It was heavenly to be able to talk, listen, hold hands, and spoil each other with affection. I love my Clyde!!

2 comments:

maylee said...

Ahhh, that last paragraph makes me want to cry! What a great lady you are! I'm so glad you guys had such an awesoem time. I had an awesome time with your little ones all weekend. They cracked me up and we just had so much fun!!

lishalou said...

NO way! Clyde, this is Alisha....your little sister's childhood BFF...you know, the one you teased and didn't like too much! HA! Those were the days! MayLee and I just found each other after all these yrs! It looks like you did good for yourself. Your wife and kids are beautiful!