Monday, July 7, 2008

ever get bored??

This morning started out great. I met Cheryl and we walked around my old neighborhood. I have felt great for the rest of the day. I didn't choose the right shoes to walk in, so simply note to self. When I arrived home, the Wardlings were all awake to greet me. I took the cool morning temperature to re-stake my tomato plants. The Roma's are filling up with little tomatoes. I am thrilled! I have 6 plants and they all needed to get re-staked. Plus- my new topsy turvy arrived in the mail today, so I am excited to learn more about the 'topsy turvy' way of tomato growing. My new toy doesn't have to be used solely for tomatoes, but can be used to grow a variety of veggies. This year, if it isn't too late, I am going to stick to tomatoes. Want to hear the funny thing??? I do not like eating raw tomatoes. I think that they taste funny. I do however, love them in spaghetti or lasagna, cooked. I could eat a bunch of tomatoes, if they were all stewed. When you look @ our house, the plants looks a bit overgrown with the veggies all in the front yard. I like it though. Gardening is fun. Last Friday, after Penny's dr. appointment, we planted green beans and they have grown so well. yadda yadda right, it is just veggies.

Penny was a bit tired after our hard work staking the garden, and needed a bit of a breather. I laid down with her and fell asleep for over an hour. I do not take naps usually. I find that my mind is too awake to sleep @ night. After awaking and showering, because I was a bit smelly after my walk, we did the usual laundry etc. Clyde was working on school work, and managed to make a lasagna. How wonderful is he?! As I have mentioned before, I am working on a secret project and let me say, it has been hard to work on it today. I love working on projects and being creative, but I do not have it in me today. I finished another part of it and must keep working on it, because the deadline is forthwith approaching quicker than I'd like. As I look around our house I see things, lots of little things that are out of place. I still haven't hung pictures or the things that make a house a home. Grammy and Papa, along with our favorite Maylee, are visiting us this weekend and thus I would like to have the house in order for their arrival. Our house will not look the same after they arrive, because the Wardlings must show them everything, but I would like for it to be sanitary for their stay. You know, fresh linens on the bed, fresh towels in the bathroom, floors mopped and freshly smelling of murphy's oil soap. (That is my favorite cleaning smell of all time.) However-I find that I am a bit bored lately. This isn't some depression thing either because I am happy with my life. Even though I have lots on my plate, like preparing upcoming sharing times, transportation to and fro summer activities, secret projects to work on, a house to clean, a garden to tend, having 5 children to entertain, a blessing dress along w/ a temple dress to make, dr. appointments to keep, soccer games to attend, and a non- verbal child to potty train, it has been hard to keep my mind occupied. Seriously, what is my deal?? I am simply bored. I have 3 things on knitting needles as I type, and I just cannot muster the gusto to complete them. Which is so unlike me. I like to finish what I start. I cannot stop making a dress. It must be completed and outta my head before I can move on. Maybe that is my problem- maybe the things aren't completed and out of my head, so I feel lulled. Clyde dislikes when I talk of Christmas presents this early in the year, but as the time is dwindling away, my 'to make' list gets longer and longer. I am really excited about the possibilities of an upcoming project that will be here in 2 weeks. I already know what I am going to do with it and it requires the learning of a new skill. I am indeed excited about that. Why am I so bored? Is it because it is merely summer without the hustle and bustle of the school year, with Clyde coaching several sports, the lack of homework, and no activity girls that has me a bit sluggish? Is it that I have been so busy that when I find the time to sit and do something, I just don't want to? I do not like having idle hands. I feel that it is a waste of time. I am hoping that I can get outta my boredom slump soon.

No comments: