Monday, April 7, 2008

this weekend

This weekend was a busy one for us...as usual. Clyde's folks, gave us a king sized bed a few months ago. We have tried to figure out how to get the bed from Myrtle Beach to here. It just so happened that there was a concert that Clyde wanted to see and it was in Myrtle Beach. He called his concert buddy, Peter, to see if he wanted to see Mars Volta with him. They happily bought their tickets. Now, we needed a vehicle big enough for a king sized bed. During our move, we knew that our queen sized bed wouldn't fit in our van, so we knew that he couldn't take it. My parents have a huge green truck and Mom said that we could borrow it to get the bed. Thank goodness we know how to drive a stick shift, which, btw, I love to drive. There is just something about having the power over the car...it doesn't change gears, until I tell it too. I love that power. Clyde went on Friday during his lunch,to get the green truck from my folks. Since Friday was a teacher workday, he could take off. He met Peter shortly before 3pm and they were off. They got to Myrtle Beach and had a blast at the concert. Clyde took some film, and once I figure out how to upload the film from the flip to the computer and then to post them, I will. They then went back to his folks house for an evening with them. They stayed up chatting & catching up. Bright and early, the fellas got up, loaded up the truck with the bed and said good byes, to head back here. It wasn't raining when they left the beach, but within 30 minutes it began to sprinkle. The fellas stopped and bought a tarp and more tie-downs to protect the bed. The closer they got to home, the harder it rained. We have been in a drought, so any rain is appreciated, but gee whiz!! The tarp did the best it could, but the bed was still a bit wet, when Clyde got it home. Really, a bit wet is putting it mildly...it was nearly soaked through. The box springs were a bit damp, so they could come into the house, but the mattress had to stay in the garage to dry. It took a Saturday, and most of Sunday to dry. The end was still a bit wet, but since it was nearly dry, Clyde and I brought it into the house. That mattress was heavy too and it barely fit up our stairs. Clyde was fussing at me to push and I was fussing at him to pull. We got it upstairs and in our bedroom and then we hugged. Clyde told they boys that after you argue with your wife you need to hug her to calm her down. Thankfully for him, I was in a playful mind, so that little comment didn't bother me too badly, until Jacob came in and patted my bottom and told me that "it's alright Mom, calm down." We then put fans on the bed for hours, until it was dry enough to sleep on last night.

Saturday, once Clyde came home, we unloaded the bed, yadda yadda, but then we changed our clothes and headed out. Maylee and her friend Lisa came up to babysit the kids for us. We had several things to go to, 1 was a wedding of a friend form the old Wal-Mart days. Seth was just a baby then, he is now a State Trooper. The ceremony was sweet and the food at the reception was pretty good. There wasn't any music and since we didn't know alot of people, it was as though we were crashing the party. We had to split, before the cake was cut, so there was no finale of the reception, for us. I just looked at the dresses and told Clyde later, that I wouldn't have bustled Stefanie's dress that way.

We left the party, so that we could take the green truck back to my parents. We filled it up with diesel fuel...$3.99 per gallon mind you and it is a 35 gallon tank... ouch...but we got a bed out of it. Then we took it back to my parents' house. We hung out there for a minute and listened to apart of conference, before it was time to go to the 2nd event of the evening...a teacher party hosted by the Jessup's. The party was out in Liberty...which is dinkier than Asheboro. We thought that we were hours late, since it was supposed to start @ 4:30pm, and we didn't get to their house until close to 7. It turns out that we were the 1st people to show up!! We hung out there for an hour and then we were off for home. The funny thing at the party was that once other teachers started showing up, there was one who was disturbed by being in the Jessup's house. She had dated a guy who lived in the house and I leaned over to Clyde and said, "something happened to her in this house...something big."(wink) Funny.

We left the party and came home to find out that the Wardlings had given Maylee a hard time. That didn't fly to well with us. We went upstairs to confront the Wardlings and then, once Maylee and her friend left, we called them downstairs for a family meeting. I was so embarrassed that they had given Maylee a hard time. It was the older ones, more than the younger ones. Ooohhhh!!! not happy. They will be working hard again today to get the house in order.

Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day on the couch. I think I did too much while Clyde was away. I painted the living room, while listening to "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" and then the HBO special of "John Adams." What an interesting fellow, that John Adams. He and his wife Abigail, were very interesting. I am nearly done with the painting, I still have to edge the walls @ the top and around the bottom molding and the windows. I'll get to it asap. I moved the furniture to the center and I think I did something to my back. Then I think I slept funny on Sunday night, so the combo wasn't good. I was thinking yesterday that I either pulled a muscle or I was having another kidney stone. Ibuprofen was my friend yesterday. I am still going to take it slowly today, as best as I can, because it is a teacher workday and all the kids are home, plus I have Blaklee. It'll be interesting!

Seth and Stefanie
Clyde made some nasty skid marks pulling into the church's overflow area Saturday for the wedding. The truck was so heavy that it sank in the mud. Then when we pulled out, of the parking lot, we made more skid marks.

No comments: