Friday, April 4, 2008

i think i peed my pants

Each day I have made little goals for myself in the unpacking of things department. A few days ago, it was to bring my sewing table into the house from the garage. Wednesday it was to move the computer from the living room, to the den/ sewing room, so that we could have cable installed. I think that was the same day that I went to buy Penny a toddler bed. I didn't realize how big the toddler bed box was, so in order to get it in the van, with 3 carseats, because I had Jacob, Penny, and Plus One with me, I had to lay the back seat down and have Jacob sit in the front seat. I know I am a bad mother. I drove the back way home, really slowly and wouldn't you know it, on those back country roads, there was a police check. My heart started throbbing, in the knowledge that I was about to get ticketed for 1- having Jacob in the front seat and b- for him not being in a car seat. So, I slow down and the 1st police man waved me forward, so I thought whew- I made it through...then the 2nd police man motioned for me to stop. Crap!! I of course did and he asked me for my driver's license. I gave it to him, and he peeks at it and looks over @ Jacob in the front seat. He says to me, "You know he is supposed to be in a carseat..." I said, "Yeah, I know...it is just that I just bought this toddler bed and to get it in the van, I had to lower the back seat and there wasn't room for him back there. I put him in the front seat so that he would at least have a seat belt to be buckled up." The police officer said "Oh, getting a big boy bed huh? Well, have a good day." He gives me back my driver's license and waves me on, without giving me a ticket. I happily drove on, with my heart pounding in my chest. See, it's always me. The one time one of my children isn't in his carseat, I get caught @ a check point. What's the deal with that?? But on the happy note, I didn't get a ticket and I so learned my lesson.

No comments: