Wednesday, April 9, 2008

powder puff

Yesterday was Clyde's last home soccer game of the school season. I am thrilled to have my sweetie back home in the day light! His team kicked some serious Middle school butt. SWRMS had their 3rd stringers in and were scoring at will. The final score was 11-0, SWRMS. The kids and I drove to see the last home game & to see Clyde, along with his pal, Jessup, coach the powder puff game that followed...the lady 8th grade teachers v. the 8th grade girls. It was a great game of tag football. Clyde had an air horn, bubbles, silly string to help motivate his team. Clyde put on a great show. Right at the end he stepped out on to the field to taunt an 8th grader and she pretty much tackled him. They both hit the ground. From where we were sitting it almost looked like he had tripped her and they both fell, but Clyde said that it didn't happen that way. Then the guy cheerleaders tackled Clyde for a great show. Silly me left the camera in the van, so I didn't get any pictures. I was happy to be able to see Clyde in action and to hear some of the comments made by parents in the sidelines. Things like, "That's Mr. Ward. He teaches social studies and Troy loves him..." type stuff. I sat a bit taller. Clyde introduced me to his Principal and a few more co-workers. All of them had really nice things to say about my Clyde.


Sunday night Clyde wanted to show the kids 'Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.' That isn't my favorite of the trilogy. Last night, really, early this morning, Libby came in to our room really upset over a bad dream. Now that we have a big bed, more people can fit in it. Libby snuggled between us, which was nice because she hasn't needed a snuggle for a while now. We asked her what her dream was about, when we were getting ready for our day, and at 1st she said that she was afraid that I wouldn't sign her permission slip for her last minute field trip today. (That is more reality than a bad dream...) We said that that wasn't a bad enough dream to warrant getting into bed with us, and she said later that she had dreamed that the man from the 'temple of doom' film had ripped out her heart. Go figure.

No comments: