Monday, April 14, 2008

farmer's market

Saturday morning, Erin and Libby had a Stake activity girls, activity @ the Colfax Ward building, so we decided that we would go to the farmers market while waiting to pick them back up again. When we arrived it was drizzling, so we weren't too hopeful for a great farmer's market experience. However, it did stop raining long enough for us to walk around and pick up the fresh fruits and veggies that we wanted. I miss going to the farmer's market. It reminded me of Asheville. We got fresh apples, pears, celery, spinach, an avocado, coos coos, lilies to plant, & some yummy homemade wheat bread. It was a fun time. Jacob was so excited about eating a pear, that as soon as I paid for them, and washed it off, it was in his mouth! He loves pears because of Bubbie. Bubbie introduced pears to him and he loves them, but he loves Bubbie more. He asked us on Easter Sunday if Bubbie could just have him. We could visit him @ Bubbies house. Silly Jedi Jacob!!
After the Farmer's market, we still had a smidgen of time. so we took the 3 young Wardlings to Costco and got our usual grocery list. Since we were over on that side of town and oh so close to AC Moore, I dropped in. They for #1 had the knitting needles that I needed and b) they had the alpaca yarn ON SALE!!! Yeah for me! I used the gift certificate that I had gotten for my birthday from Audra to boot! Today, after picking up my children from school, I will be returning the bamboo knitting needles I bought last week to Michael's and will be continuing the Michael's ban.

No comments: