Monday, November 22, 2010

symposium

There have been loads of events that have happened around the brown house lately. first of all, Soccer is over! After spending 7 hours on the field Saturday, it is all over!  Josh's team won their first game of the season during the tournament. (It was a self kick by the other team. whatever...we'll take it!) He played another game an hour later. They did lose that game, but they played awesomely. Jacob's first game was won by one goal. That meant another game, at the same time as Libby's game. Libby played great and even won the sportsmanship award. Her team lost, but again, it was good practice. Jacob's 2nd game was a nail biter. The other team we were playing had Jacob's arch nemesis...Rosie, on it's team. Rosie is in Jacob's class and he was determined to stomp their (her) team. (I must say that Rosie is a very sweet girl off the soccer field.) The game was totally neck and neck. We scored a goal then they scored a goal.  Jacob was injured on the field...a kick to the knee. He was a champion, because he got back out there as soon as he could. We went into over time. Then a shoot off.  Our goalie took a ball in his neck! The final score was 4-2. Jacob's team won! Talk about a very happy Jacob!! We are very proud of our wardlings!

Young Women in Excellence. I canceled scouts so I could be there. Erin brought home some artwork to display and Libby practiced and practiced her clarinet. She couldn't decide which hymn to play. Once there, the idea was thrown around by someone who will remain nameless, but rhymes with CLYDE, that she didn't have to play. Of course the motherly eyes shot across the room. I brought the Flip afterall. She practiced and practiced and now she isn't going to play?! oh no!! Once it was her turn, she got up and talked about her clarinet, but didn't play her clarinet. I was less that thrilled...less than thrilled i say. She knew it too. Her face became very red. Steam was coming out of my ears, but I didn't say anything. I know she could feel it because at the end of the night, once the closing prayer was announced, the Laurel President said, and Libby Ward is going to play us a song. Libby gets up and says,in front of everyone no less, "You're welcome Mom! Do I have to play all 4 verses?!" She played the prettiest verse of "For the Beauty of the Earth" ever. All was well. :) Mom is happy and very proud of her girls!

It feels like so long ago, but last Saturday, I went to Duke Hospital for a NF Medical Symposium. It was very informative. I was amazed at what I knew, but more amazed at what I didn't know. We have been very blessed with Erin's health. Mark your calendars for April 30th, 2011. NF is hosting a huge walk @ Country Park, here in the Emerald City, to raise money for NF research. More details to come.

As a whole, our Christmas shopping and making is coming to a close. I am very thrilled to actually say that.  Thanksgiving is Thursday and we have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful to my parents for teaching us about being frugal and making a dollar stretch. I am thankful for my Mom who has had patience to show me some new sewing skills that have helped our family out in more ways than one. I am thankful for an enrichment leader, S, that taught me knitting, and my mother-in-law who showed me how to crochet. I am thankful that surgery went well for my father-in-law. I am thankful for all my brothers and sisters and their families. I am thankful for awesomely awesome friends. But most importantly, I am ultra thankful for our children. They are such radiant beams of happiness. Clyde is always reminding me that one day we aren't going to have the cap gun noises upstairs, or the laughter sounds from the wardlings rooms when we know they are supposed to be sleeping. I am enjoying these moments. But I am most,MOST happy and thankful for Clyde.  He works so hard and has dealt with endless loads of craptastic adventures that he has put on a happy face and endured them anyway. He loves me for me. He encourages me. I love him.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: