Saturday, November 27, 2010

black friday

It was a very rainy Thanksgiving in the Emerald City and surrounding towns. We loved visiting @ the Cecil Farm. Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us yet again. As a Thanksgiving tradition, the Wardlings stay the night @ the  Cecil Farm, allowing Clyde and I to get up before the sunrises, to wait in some long line to shop the black Friday deals. This years shopping was a one stop shop. We hit the bullseye store.  We were in line around 3:20am. The store opened at 4 and we were home by 5.  We got all we needed to make our wardlings Christmas a success.

Before we travelled back to the Cecil Farm, we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. What a cool film! I really enjoyed it.  I have to admit that I was teary eyed in more than one scene. Knowing how the book series ends, I was moved by several scenes in the film. Clyde kept looking over at me to see if I was crying. Not only was the movie pretty close to the book, there was awesome knit wear to look upon. Cool yarnwork like Hermoine's cap...

(this picture is from mugglenet.com)
and Umbridge's sweater...
(picture from mugglenet.com)
In the film, it looked like she was wearing a knitted fox stole.  Upon closer inspection, this is a knitted pink sweater and it has a cat for a collar.  Pretty imaginative, if you ask me!!
Hope your Thanksgiving was very memorable!

1 comment:

Bubbie said...

Very memorable....actually, I was thinking that I might not cook next year. I was so out of sync this year...my timing was awful, I burned the marshmellows...I was all over the place..The children did make ornaments with me, and we had fun playing outside...I will see...just feeling old.