Thursday, November 18, 2010

mango, MD

 I had my second sale this week. I had bid on Alchemy to make this 3T doctor's coat last week, but didn't hear back for a few days. Once I got the offical bid acceptance, this little sucker was sewn within 24 hours. I could've finished it earlier, but I didn't have the right buttons on hand. (I know right...me not having the right buttons.) Since the coat was for a girl, I wanted to add some femininity to it and my buyer was down with the changes. The changes included the detail in the back of the coat...a waist band and a few panels, along with the waist band in the front.
 Here is the finished project. I was quite pleased with my work.
 My buyer wanted the name Mango, MD embroidered on it. Since the coat was already sewn, hooping it was a bit on the tricky side. I came out a bit slanted.
This beauty was shipped today.

1 comment:

Bubbie said...

What a lovely doctor's coat! All that detail!!! Very proud of my daughter and her sewing skills!!