Sunday, November 22, 2009

time to give



Not the most flattering photo of me, but one I am kinda proud of. I made a new years resolution to donate blood twice in the 2009 year. Goal met. The Red Cross gal was trying her best to get me to donate 2 pints, by separating the red blood cells from the plasma, with the plasma being put back in my body, along with saline and the 2nd pint of red blood cells being removed and the process running over again. I decided to do the usual pint this go round. I may change my mind in 56 days, when I can donate again. As usual, very very dizzy, needing to sit with my feet propped up for 10-15minutes. I was glad that Clyde was there for support.

3 comments:

clyde said...

They're not getting my precious blood. Besides, I keep my own supply in mason jars in the fridge. Just in case...

Silas said...

Is that Clyde chillin in the chair behind you? I see a bald spot.

ashley said...

no. they wouldn't allow clyde to donate, because he lived in Poland. If you lived in several European countries and/ or africa @ all, between 1986- 1996 i believe, you couldn't donate....you know mad cow disease.