Monday, November 2, 2009

happy halloween

Just some fun pic.'s of the one time a year, we allow our children to #1 talk to strangers and b- take candy from them. I love Halloween.
(all Clyde needed was a backwards baseball cap and he could've been Luke from the Gilmore Girls.)



One of the last houses we hit, there was a Toto dog. Perfect for our Dorothy.
Check out king arthur in the background. or is he colonel saunders??
Ok- Jacob wanted to be Edward from Twilight this year. I made his costume last, because I couldn't figure out which costume piece would make Edward come to life. Jacob wanted the gray coat that Edward wears throughout the film. I had a suit jacket pattern that I tweaked. Clyde bought his some vampire teeth and some glittery spray for his face. (because Edward is sparkily in the sunlight.)
Once Josh saw the movie, "Where the Wild Things are," he wanted to be Max. Max wears a wolf suit. Voila...a Max wolf suit.
Libby wanted to be a pumpkin. She was SO, SO, SO picky about every detail. I nearly banished her from the red room when I was sewing it up. She then changed her mind and wanted it to be more like a jack-o-lantern face. Then that led to another choice as to face design. I was glad when I got the stamp of approval from Libby lou on the costume. WHEW!!
**Erin originally wanted to be a black cat. I sweet talked her into something else, which turned into a Dutch Milk maid of sorts. I really wished that I thought ahead and found her some wooden clogs to go along with the costume. I think in the end, she was happy. But, a black cat for next year, she will be.
That leaves us to Dorothy. Penny loves, LOVES, L-O-V-E-S, The Wizard of Oz...just as much as the boys love Star Wars, and Libby loved the Teletubbies, and Erin loved Barney. Penny wanted to be the Witch @ first. We even learned the ASL sign for it. She then changed her mind to Dorothy. Clyde and I found the basket for $1 @ a yard sale and thanks to Grammy & Papa, the outfit was complete with the red ruby slippers.
We went with our new fella, his sister and their parents Trick-or-Treating. Fun was had by all! (love Jacob's face in this photo.)

4 comments:

Silas said...

Love Penny's shoes. Clyde are you going to let your wife crack on you like that...Gilmore Girls. My wife watches reruns on the sly.

gleehorse said...

So cute! Btw, Penny is the one I referred to in my blog about being so fascinated with the pumpkin lights. The look of fascination of her face was so cute! :)

ashley said...

that sounds like penny. she loves things that sparkle!

Silas said...

Do you all know the Col.? I think he was an old Huck Finn.