Wednesday, December 10, 2008

templeton feast

I have been so slow to decorate this year for Christmas. I see that others have put up their lights and trimmed their trees weeks ago. I just see the tree up as a ticking clock...reminding me that I only have a few more days to get all that needs to be done, done. I was sewing yesterday & I broke 3 sewing machine needles on one project, 3!! Needless to say lots of hand work will now be done.
I did get our tree and decor stuff out of the attic yesterday. We even strung lights in the front of our house. For FHE we decorated the tree, saving the star of course for Clyde. I love that he adds the star. (I prefer the star to the angel.)
As we were decking out our house with lights, we noticed that a pumpkin of ours had been gnawed on.

Libby and Josh saw a squirrel having a Templeton smorgous borg-feast when they walked up the driveway. (Josh took this picture.) Poor pumpkin!

Penny, Jacob and I got out our lovely furry hamster, Hans Solo to play. They had a fun time with ole Solo. Penny cried when it was time to let him sleep. Hans is getting old...in hamster years that is. We have had him for 2 years and that is about the life span for a hamster. Please Hans make it through Christmas!!

3 comments:

maylee said...

Aha! A templeton smorgous-borg feast, i love it :)

Anonymous said...

You can always replace him in the middle of the night:)

ashley said...

the only problem is that hans solo is the poofiest hamster ever. good luck finding another hans solo!